- Reykjanes peninsula and driving through lava fields
- Kleifarvatn, Grænavatn lakes
- Krýsuvík geothermal area
- Brimketill lava rock cliffs and breaking waves
- Gunnuhver steaming mud pools
- Reykjanesvíti Lighthouse and bird cliffs
- The Bridge between the continents
Pickup time: 8:30 - 9:00 am
Duration: ca 6 hrs
Drop off options:
- KEF airport (ca 2:30 pm - suitable for flights at 4:00 pm and later)
- Blue Lagoon (ca 2:45 pm - suitable for admissions at 3:00 pm - admissions not included in the price, please make your own reservation)
- Reykjavik (ca 3:30 pm)
Included in UNESCO Global Geopark, Reykjanes is truly a gem. But this crucible of geothermal energy, seismic activity, and tectonic movements is hidden in plain sight. It is a welcome sign to many tourists who come and visit Iceland by plane, and as such Reykjanes is often unjustly overlooked. Until now.
We will start our tour by visiting two beautiful lakes: Kleifarvatn and Grænavatn. Both of them being spectacular places for photographers to explore and everyone else to enjoy. Have we mentioned there are rumours of odd creatures hiding in their depths?
Prepare to be amazed when facing multi-colored hills of Krysuvik, before continuing your way to a harbor town Grindavík where we take a lunch break (lunch not included in the price).
We will continue to an exciting place called Brimketill which is lava cliff with wild breaking waves, the worse the weather the better the experience (prepare to get wet if you get too close to the edge!).
Then you will go to discover Gunnuhver - geothermal area of mud pools with a ghost story embedded in its past. For those of you interested in wildlife, you will have the chance to observe many different types of birds when standing on the cliffs of Valhnukar. If your interest lies more in urban development, you will get to see Iceland’s most popular lighthouse - Reykjanesviti.
Last but not least, you will walk between two continental plates, crossing the "Bridge between continents".
This tour can be perfect for your last day as it combines a relatively unexplored part of Iceland with transfers to either the international airport or the Blue Lagoon. And if you would rather head back to Reykjavik, you are left with plenty of daytime to enjoy the capital after we drop you off back at your hotel/downtown Reykjavik.
The airport drop off is suitable when your departure flight time is at 4:00 PM and later.
BLUE LAGOON: if you want to visit the Blue Lagoon, you need to book the entry by yourself, we recommend to book for 3:00 PM. Make your reservation well in advance. You will have to take the bus back to Reykjavik by yourself, but there are regular buses and you can pay the fare on the bus.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- Pickup and drop-off from designated bus stops and hotels
- Professional and local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Small-group tour (tour operated exclusively on minibuses with a maximum of 19 passengers)
- Outdoor clothes, preferably the wind and waterproof, solid shoes
- Gateway to Iceland reserves the right to delay, alter or cancel any tour due to weather or any other unsafe conditions for the safety of our clients. All departures require a minimum number of participants in order to operate; 4 adults.
- Please note, Valahnukar cliffs are currently inaccessible due to the danger of land slides.
- Winter version: in case there is a heavy snow fall in winter, it can happen that the road along Kleifarvatn, Krýsuvík and Grænavatn is closed. In that case, other additional stops will be included.