Snorkeling in Silfra Self Drive
Silfra is a fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates. Silfra constantly fills with glacial water that has been trickling through underground lava rock for 30 years. This remarkable crack between two tectonic plates is therefore filled with the clearest water on our planet, allowing for over 100 meters visibility.
On the snorkeling tour we will dress you in a dry suit and guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra's crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezing water, astonishing colors, and sensations of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 12 years|
What is included
- guided snorkelling trip
- all necessary snorkelling equipment
- hot choclate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- entrance fee of ISK 1.000,- into Silfra
- Long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- contact lenses if you wear glasses
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be at minimum 150cm tall / maximum 200cm tall
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be minimum 14 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Meeting Point Information
The tour starts at Silfra at the time stated above on this ticket, please be 15 min early. If you arrive after the tour starts, your place on the tour cannot be guaranteed.
Please follow the map on page 2 of this ticket. Driving time to Silfra from Reykjavík is ca. 1 hour. If you are early, you can stop at the Thingvellir Information Center, which has a gift shop, cafe, and restrooms.
Please note that the National Park charges a 500 ISK fee for car parking to be paid at the meter in the parking lot. If you need transportation service from Reykjavík to Silfra, please contact us!
Please bring: long thermal underwear and two pairs of thick wool socks.Please be sure to fill out the required Medical Statement by following this link: http://checkin.dive.is/
If you have any questions, please be in touch at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!